[Xymon] Monitoring HTTPS sites - [Resolved]

Jewel Makda jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Thu Dec 20 20:54:05 CET 2012

The below steps actually did work. I wasn't apparently patient enough.
Thank you everyone who responded!  It's monitoring https sites like a
charm. Xymon rocks!

I apologize to the list for sending attachments. It won't happen again.

I was able to get past the error when running make.  I commented out
line 482 in a contest.c file under the xymonnet directory.
case SSLVERSION_V2: item->sslctx = SSL_CTX_new(SSLv2_client_method());
break;
This is where it was failing so I am not sure what is happening.

For the first time when I run (./xymonnet --version) I do get "SSL
library: OpenSSL 1.0.1" so I feel we may be getting closer.
To test if everything is working I edited my hosts.cfg file to monitor
Xymon's own webpage but it's still not working. Showing in red and says
Server timeout.

Jewel