[Xymon] Monitoring HTTPS sites

Wed Dec 19 22:50:36 CET 2012

On 20/12/12 08:41, Tim McCloskey wrote:
> 1. To verify all of the SSL bits are there; You should be able to do
> the following on Ubuntu and report the output back to the list.
>
> dpkg -l | egrep -i '(ssl|pcre)'
>
> Another method from the Ubuntu faq: apt-cache search libssl | grep
> SSL
>
> And yes, I snuck pcre in the search.

Wow, I so love top posting.... I've cut it all for now because I just
wanted to say....
apt-cache search libssl
Will return results from packages that are not installed as well as
packages that are installed. That is the command I generally use to find
out which package I need to install (if I don't already know the correct
name).

One option might be
apt-get build-dep xymon

  * get and install the packages required to rebuild the package foo

Given that xymon is in the ubuntu repository, it know what packages are
required to compile xymon from source, so just let it do the hard work
for you.

Info from: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/20

Regards,
Adam