[Xymon] upcoming release / trunk / ipv6

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 19 15:17:39 CET 2012

On 19-12-2012 11:18, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> My question targets the proposed IPv6 capabilities in the upcoming
> release. Is it worth to give a try to the code in trunk? Or is it too
> early for resiliant statements?

It's to run in a production setup, because the test analysis part of the
network test tool is not yet in place. So you can run the network tests,
but it won't generate any results yet (at least not for all of the test
types).

> Also, should I expect big configuration differences between 4.3.10 and
> the cutting edge?

There will be some, because network test definitions are moving from
hosts.cfg over to analysis.cfg - I think. It hasn't been finalized yet,
in part because the code isn't there.