[Xymon] quick questions - ignores in client-local.cfg?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Dec 19 01:58:34 CET 2012

Betsy

Multiple "ignore" lines are permitted, and they accumulate.  The ignore
string must be a regular expression, so the "%" must be left out, unless
you want to match a percent character.  Also, if a space is in the string
to match, the expression should not be enclosed in quotes, and the space
should simply be included literally, or replaced with a "\s" or similar.
 There is an implied ".*" at start and end, so for example "MARK" matches
anywhere in a log line.

The code that compiles the regexps sets the REG_EXTENDED and REG_ICASE
(ignore case) flags, so bear this in mind when matching.

In your case, I think the following should work:

ignore nslcd
ignore MARK
ignore be2net

Or you could do this:

ignore nslcd|MARK|be2net

If you want to test out your own expressions with a test cycle that's less
than 10 minutes, create a file /tmp/config containing just the "log:" and
"ignore" lines, and then run the following as the xymon user:

rm -f /tmp/status && logfetch /tmp/config /tmp/status

Then re-run it after editing the "/tmp/config" file, to see the changes.