[Xymon] http problem

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 18:13:59 CET 2012

After upgrading my proxies so they have on online failover and virtual ip,
I'm having an issue with 3 of my website tests (out of hundreds of tests).
When I but xymonnet into debug mode I see the following in the xymonnet log
 file:

URL                      : https://whatever:4900/em/upload
HTTP status              : 0
HTTP headers
^U^C^A
HTTP output
(NULL)

I don't think it is network equipment, the above site is on the same subnet
as the proxy. The command I use to run xymonnet is:

[bbnet-midr]
    ENVFILE /opt/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
    CMD XYMONDPORT=1984 XYMONNETWORK=MIDR xymonnet --report --ping
--checkresponse --concurrency=128 --timeout=15 --sslwarn=90 --sslalarm=30
--source-ip=w.x.y.z
    LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/xymon-net-midr.log
    INTERVAL 2m

Where w.x.y.z is the virtual ip for the xymon proxy.

Any ideas about what is going on here?

Thanks,
Larry Barber