[Xymon] Completely turning off collection of data

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Dec 11 21:26:24 CET 2012

There's no built in way to do something like this, since the architecture
of xymon is to shuttle all the raw data up the stream for processing
(and/or ignoring) by xymond and channel workers.

However, if you needed to do a one-off for a particularly odd box, edit
xymonclient-${os}.sh and comment out the relevant shell command.
Obviously, this means that that data won't be usable.

In trunk, and for the next major release, xymon will have a compression
option, which might alleviate some of your bandwidth concern, at the
expensive of minor cpu use (ps data compresses well).

HTH,
-jc