[Xymon] xymonproxy messages getting truncated

Heather Keen keenha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:46:55 CET 2012

I'm have several xymonproxy servers (over the other side of the world)
which send data to my main xymon server.  The trouble is that the data
received by the xymon server is sometimes getting truncated, and thus it
reports false red alerts - usually with procs.  The xymon server itself
does NOT report that it's getting truncated messages, and nor does the
xymonproxy.

I suspect that the network connection between the proxy and the main server
is being dropped and some of the data is being lost, but the failed data is
not being resent.

Has anyone got any ideas what can be done about this please?  I'm getting
fed up with alerts saying that my servers are running no procs at all when
they blatantly are :).

Cheers,
Heather