[Xymon] xymon 4.3.10 not working for HP-UX 11.31 !

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 30 11:15:41 CEST 2012

On 30-08-2012 10:50, Andersson Tomas wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have still no Luck with the xymon v 4.3.10 to function on my systems that is:
> HP-UX hpivm006 B.11.31 U ia64 1185740114 unlimited-user license
> ia64 hp server Integrity Virtual Machine
>
> The folloving logfiles only contain rows of: " Peer not up, flushing message queue"
>
> alert.log
> clientdata.log
> history.log
> hostdata.log
> rrd-data.log
> rrd-status.log

The only reason I can think of is that the various xymond_* modules
won't run for some reason.

See if you can run them by hand. You can disable all of the
xymond_channel+xymond_* tasks in tasks.cfg to avoid the system spinning
out of control, then start Xymon. You should only have xymonlaunch and
xymond running (xymonnet and the client will also run, once every 5
minutes).

Then - as the user xymond runs as! - run "xymoncmd xymond_channel
--channel=status cat". This should result in all incoming
status-messages being dumped on your screen. If that works, then try
"xymoncmd xymond_channel --channel=client xymond_client --debug" - this
should start the client data handler, so you should start getting status
updates from your clients (cpu, disk, memory etc).