[Xymon] xymon.com and the mailinglists back online

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 27 17:19:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

the xymon.com server had a minor disk "hiccup" last Saturday.
Unfortunately, this triggered a kernel panic and things went pretty bad
after that - eventually causing the whole server to die last Monday Aug.
20th.

Unfortunately, I was 4000 km away - and even though I did manage to get
an SSH session opened to the server, all attempts to reboot it remotely
just gave me a "Bus error".

My apologies for the inconvenience, it was a classic case of Murphy's
Law that everything will go bad, at the worst possible time.

I expect the mails submitted to the mailing list will show up over the
next 24 hours or so, once the various mailservers retry their connection
to xymon.com