[Xymon] . . . network tests

Joseph Acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Wed Aug 1 20:04:48 CEST 2012

I lied again.  ping and "ports" test appear to be not working.  Sorry, feeling a bit
off my game today.

joe a.

>>> "Joseph Acquisto" <joea at j4computers.com> 08/01/12 2:03 PM >>>
>>> "Joseph Acquisto" <joea at j4computers.com> 08/01/12 9:33 AM >>>
>On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Joseph Acquisto <joea at j4computers.com>wrote:
>
>> Recently moved to xymon 4.3.7 from hobbit 4.2
>>
>> All seems reasonable except for two things.
>>
> >- Due to firewall issues, some net tests do not work.
>
>Which net tests work and which don't work?  Do the working tests also come
>from the default IP address?

>> The only ones that work are those which already have firewall holes established.

I lied.  Apparently only ping and conn test are being sent with the wrong IP.

fping path is set to /home/xymon/server/bin/xymonping

Which works from command line with the option --source=desired_ip

All as seen via tcpdump.

SMTP test appear in tcpdump with the option IP.

joe a.