[Xymon] recovered mails with attachment

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Apr 28 12:56:08 CEST 2012

On 28-04-2012 11:25, Daniel Wolf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> yesterday I started migrating from xymon 4.0.2 to 4.3.7. Everything went easy, except of one thing.
> Notification mails for service failure / critical I receive as 'normal' mail.
> Notification mails for service recovered I receive a blank mail, with message in a file called 'Mail-Attachment'.

Xymon treats all mails the same - it generates the message as text, then
invokes $MAIL (set in xymonserver.cfg) to send it.

If they show up different, my first guess would be that your mail client
is playing games. If possible, do a "View source" (Thunderbird) to see
what the mail really looks like.