[Xymon] holiday as planned downtime

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Apr 20 23:13:17 CEST 2012

On 19-04-2012 12:49, Claessens Jurgen wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I’m running xymon 4.3.7 and I have been trying to find a way so that the
> holidays are being showed as what would be the same for the alerting.
>
> For me this would mean that if it’s a holiday they would show as planned
> downtime and not show up in the allnongreen window.
 >
> The alerting itself works without problems, but I cannot find a way for
> the planned downtime act the same way.

"planned downtime" usually means what you specify with the "DOWNTIME"
parameter. I think what you're after is some way of telling Xymon
"DOWNTIME=holidays".

If that is not what you mean, please correct me.

By default, the holidays.cfg file has a setting HOLIDAYLIKEWEEKDAY=0
which means that on a holiday, DOWNTIME rules apply as if the current
day was a Sunday. So if you have a "DOWNTIME=60:0000:2359" (i.e. planned
downtime all of Saturday and Sunday), then a red status on a holiday
would show up as blue - planned downtime.

But if you don't want planned downtime on all sundays, then you cannot
have such a downtime setting and then you cannot specify holidays as
planned downtime.