[Xymon] Occasional issue with process listings

Taylor Lewick tlewick at tradebotsystems.com
Fri Apr 20 21:05:24 CEST 2012

Background, we have a xymon server that is monitoring roughly 700 devices, mix of windows and linux with some network devices, etc.

Running Xymon 4.3.3 for several months now with no issues.  No recent config changes, but recently I've seen an issue where a few of the linux clients (haven't noticed it on Windows clients) will have their process checks go red, and when you click on the process page it appears the client data is being truncated, thus most or all of the process checks are red.  This only lasts for one cycle, then everything is back to green.  Its happened maybe 5-10 times today.  However, there are no entries in xymond.log regarding Oversize status message from client W.X.Y.Z truncated, etc.

Is this a known issue with xymon?