[Xymon] Upgrade steps

Andrey Chervonets a.chervonets at cominder.eu
Wed Apr 18 13:16:39 CEST 2012

I use the following approach:

1. Install each version of Xymon to separate directory, for example:
/u01/app/xymon/product/xymon.4.3.4
/u01/app/xymon/product/xymon.4.3.7

2. Make symb link
/u01/app/xymon/product/xymon -> /u01/app/xymon/product/xymon.4.3.4

and use /u01/app/xymon/product/xymon  -  path where needed (web-server
config, custom scripts, etc)

3. After new version is installed - just compare (if need) changes in
config files (ne woptions, settings, etc), copy  your config, copy or
move rrd, etc. to new path, update ports (if non-stanmdard used), etc.
Then just stop old one, start new one. This will also minimize downtime.

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets
http://www.cominder.eu/