[Xymon] TS - sendmail HOWTO?

d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com d.tom.schmitt at L-3com.com
Tue Apr 17 21:34:11 CEST 2012

Does anyone have the setup for my Xymon server 4.3.0-0.beta2

Running on a Dell R-610 on CentOS with Sendmail.

My Exchange guys say that they are not stopping delivery of Emails to my
server.

I need to know what options need to be set in the Sendmail system to
receive Emails.

Is there a HOWTO setup the Xymon login to receive and parse the returned
Emails?

I want to allow my users to reply with an 'a' = ACKnowledge or a 'd' =
DISable of the device.

I have not done something like this for 5 years and now I need it again.

I need to understand in SENDMAIL where the script goes for the Xymon
login to parse the Email apart

And process the request and return an Email.

I found something on ACK but it was not for Sendmail.

Thanks,

Tom Schmitt

Senior IT Staff - R&D

L-3 Communication Systems West