[Xymon] XYMON column not displaying [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Apr 5 05:23:26 CEST 2012

Dennis

The "NEEDS" is not required, so perhaps best to remove it until you start
to get something.

The addition of the service name in the client's hosts.cfg is also not
needed (unless you are using xymongrep in your script to determine which
hosts to test); but it can't hurt.

You need to be sure that the script is running.  First, set the interval to
10 seconds (so you're not waiting around for something to happen), then add
something near the top of the script like "touch /tmp/testfile", and see of
the file gets created or timestamp updated.

Also check the xymonlaunch.log file to be sure that the change to tasks.cfg
has been detected by xymonlaunch.

It might help if you can show us the script you're using.

Cheers
Jeremy