[Xymon] Xymon is not sending e-mail alerts

Arnold Fields arnold.fields at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 19:19:29 CEST 2011

Hope someone can help with this issue. We are running Xymon 4.2.3 on a RHEL5
VM. Last week, the VM was migrated from one VMware server to another.
When the migration completed, e-mail alerts from Xymon stopped with the
exception of 3 servers that are located at a remote office.

The agents from all of the local hosts are still able to connect to the
Xymon server, but the alerts are not being generated/sent to the admins.

I've tested sendmail by sending test messages as the xymon user.
client $> telnet xymonserver 1984 works along with snooping the default
interface - xymon traffic is traveling between the server and the clients.

I've ran the bbcmd debug/test commands, no errors.

I've checked bb-hosts, hobbit-clients.cfg and hobbit-alerts.cfg for possible
syntax errors, nothing stands out as a problem.

I just find it strange that only I'm only receiving e-mail alerts about 3
non-local hosts.

I'm seeking any troubleshooting suggestions on what I should try to do
next.

Thanks!