[Xymon] Xymon donations

Lárus Rafn Halldórsson lalli at slepja.com
Tue Sep 6 13:24:15 CEST 2011

Hello all.

I am a fan of Xymon since it first spun of the bb, when quest bought that, and became Hobbit. I have been using hobbit/xymon since, both privately and at my work to monitor my systems...

Now its time for me to try to give back to this project the way I can (i suck at programming) so I talked to my department manager and convinced him to allow me to donate yearly to this project as Xymon is a very important part of our system.

I will be donating 500 us$ for this year and 1.000 us$ for following years while we use Xymon as our monitoring software here at where I work at the moment. This is not much, I know, but this is at least a starting point.

I will be donating to all other open source projects that we are using in our commercial environment, although amounts vary alot based on how much we use each product.

My wish is that other companies that use this great software can show their support in a similar way and that is why I am writing this post. Please support open source projects if possible.

best regards,
Larus Rafn