[Xymon] Cannot open directory from tasks.cfg

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Oct 19 03:19:01 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Tracy Di Marco White
<gendalia at iastate.edu> wrote:
> I assume the error is because tasks.cfg contains this:
> # Include add-on modules.
> directory /usr/pkg/share/xymon/xymonhome/etc/tasks.d
>
> Which doesn't exist.

This directory should be created by "make install" or by the package
definition (eg spec file, for RPM-based systems).  I'm guessing that
the "tasks.cfg" file was updated with the "include" but the installer
for BSD was not updated accordingly.

Actually, I think "make install" won't create this subdir either.

> Is there documentation on using / setting up tasks.d?

"install.html" is included in the source, and should be in the
installed package.  You should be able to view it from the menu.  Or
here: http://xymon.org/xymon/help/install.html

Cheers
Jeremy