[Xymon] Xymon Digest, Vol 8, Issue 20

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Oct 18 02:35:03 CEST 2011

Yanni

Your egrep output doesn't show the "Alias" line 1011 of httpd.conf.
This is because my egrep was trying to be too clever and won't match
"Alias" at the start of a line.  The same would be true for "include"
directives.  Can you send what this shows:

  grep -i "alias" /etc/httpd/conf/*.conf
  grep -i "include" /etc/httpd/conf/*.conf

Is there a reason why you're using "/opt/xymon" in your URL path
instead of say "/xymon"?  My Alias command looks like this:

  Alias /xymon/ "/var/lib/xymon/www/"

I can't think why this would be a problem.  Just a curiosity.

>From what you have shown, it seems you have defined ScriptAlias twice:
once in httpd.conf and once in xymon-apache.conf.  You should remove
all Xymon configuration from httpd.conf and instead let the settings
in xymon-apache.conf be taken by Apache when it includes the file.
You will have either "include *.conf" or "include xymon-apache.conf",
and so you don't need to add anything into httpd.conf.

Cheers
Jeremy