[Xymon] monitoring aggregated network traffic

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Oct 13 22:48:09 CEST 2011

On 13-10-2011 19:52, Scot Kreienkamp wrote:

> How would that work when there are varying numbers of interfaces?  I
> have 14 on one, and 10 on another, each interface in its own RRD
> being collected by MRTG.  If I put all 14 in, won't it break on the
> 10?

I was afraid You were going to ask that question. Yes, it will break
because some of those files just do not exist, and RRDtool cannot handle
that.

I don't have an automatic solution for that. You can define multiple
graph definitions - one for each number of interfaces - and then use the
"TRENDS" setting for each host to determine which one will be shown. Not
pretty, but it works.