[Xymon] FYI: Xymon FaceBook organization created

Rob Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Tue Oct 11 15:50:27 CEST 2011

	A Facebook presence is a bad idea.
	Facebook is an industrial espionage corporation, and cannot be trusted with anything.

	if you must go social, go with Google+

While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm not entirely sure Google is 100% invested in protecting my privacy either...

	On 11 October 2011 09:08, T.J. Yang <tjyang2001 at gmail.com> wrote:

		On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
		>>> Don't know who did it but this is a good move to promote Xymon.
		>>>
		>>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xymon/136355573099613?sk=info
		>>>
		>>> Did I miss this  announcement here ?
		>>>
		>> No one did it, as far as I know. These things create themselves if they
		>> are mentioned somewhere in people's profiles.
		>
		> Spooky ...

		On second thought, beside being spooky, this FB xymon is not trusted.

		I clicked on "Like" too quick and asking folks here to do the same, my apology.

		if the FB xymon organization is not setup by anymore we know on this
		mailing list,
		then community or Henrik don't have control on FB xymon content.
		This could be a potential problem !

		tj

		> Regards,
		> Henrik (who doesn't have a Facebook profile ...)

		T.J. Yang