[Xymon] ghostly graphic-links

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Tue Oct 11 11:11:18 CEST 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011, Henrik Størner wrote:

> On 07-10-2011 22:43, Martin Flemming wrote:
>
>> I've got a mysterious problem,
>> because there are too many graph-links (dead links) on the trend-page
>> for my SPLITNCV-Graphs ..
>>
>> ... see http://desy.de/~flemming/afss3.png
>> (The first afss3-graph is right and pretty but follows of ghostly links)
>
> It has always been a bit tricky getting Xymon's svchost.cgi tool to figure
> out how many graph links it should include on the status page, simply because
> svchost doesn't know about how graphs map to RRD files (that knowledge lies
> in showgraph).
>
> The best thing You can do is to include the line
>
>  <!-- linecount=N -->
>
> in the status-message that your custom check sends to Xymon, with "N" being
> the correct number of graphs. That overrides the (flawed) heuristic that is
> currently being used.

Thanks, Henrik for response :-)

Unfortunatley my attempts  are not successfull  V

Could you give me an advice where/how
i should added it :I

that's my last lines of the perl-script :

#
## Format output
##
$DATE = scalar(localtime(time));

$LINE="status $ENV{MACHINE}.$TEST $COLOR $DATE\n\n\n$rxdebug_status\n\n$afs_fs_status";

##
## Send to BBDISPlay
##
system("$ENV{BB} $ENV{BBDISP} \"$LINE\"");
exit;

thanks in advance

        Martin