[Xymon] Feature requests, combo.d, uptime alert, xymonserver.cfg syncing

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Nov 30 06:31:19 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Gore, David W (David)
<david.gore at verizon.com> wrote:
> * TEST2RDD and GRAPHS variables moved to another file, perhaps an include for xymonserver.cfg? Why do I ask because we have dual Xymon servers running for redundancy and it would be nice if I could easily rsync these 2 variables in a file that does not have host specific variables.  Currently I cannot rsync xymonserver.cfg because of the XYMONSERVERHOSTNAME, XYMONSERVERIP, XYMONSERVERWWWNAME variables.

Ditto.  It would be really helpful to be able to use "include" like this:

  include xymonserver-${HOSTNAME}.cfg

or

  include xymonserver-`uname -n`.cfg

Then I can create xymonserver-xymon1.cfg and xymonserver-xymon2.cfg on
both servers and keep the whole directory in sync.

Cheers
Jeremy