[Xymon] BBALPHAMSG truncated

Gorm J. Siiger gjs at sonnit.dk
Tue Nov 29 22:21:59 CET 2011

I'm currently in the progress of upgrading/replacing my old hobbit version 4.2.0 to 4.3.4
I have installed on a brand new server and I'm just testing if everything is ok.

My SMS alert script seems to work ok, but the BBALPHAMSG variable seems to be truncated to around 12-16 characters, leaving the status messages incomplete.
I can easily add $DOWNSECS and/or $DOWNSECSMSG and they are added to the message which then is longer of cause.

The exact same script works on my old server, and by manually setting the variables I can send any text I like.

Anyone seen this behavior ?

----
Running on FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE

>From /var/log/xymon/alert.log:
2011-11-29 22:12:29 Paging script /usr/local/www/xymon/server/ext/kannel-sms.sh terminated by signal 60 (not sure if signal 60 is ok)
----

Best regards
Gorm