[Xymon] Occasional RRD error message

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Nov 16 00:10:55 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:55 PM,  <Chris.Morris at rwe.com> wrote:
> Nothing in any other logs to assist.

First of all, I don't believe this is likely to cause faults.  As I
understand it, if the config file can't be retrieved from xymond, it
will be fetched directly (from the filesystem) instead.

How often are you seeing the message?

What do you get if you run this:
  xymon 127.0.0.1 'config hosts.cfg'

You should get xymond's idea of the hosts.cfg file.  I'm wondering if
xymond is working hard at times, and the timeout is a tad too short in
such cases.  Perhaps check your CPU usage at the times you see
failures (eg using sar).

You could try enabling "--debug" mode in tasks.cfg on the
xymond_channel entry that runs xymond_rrd, and/or on the xymond_rrd
worker module, and see if anything interesting comes out.

Cheers
Jeremy