[Xymon] www.xymon.com now available via IPv6

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Nov 8 16:00:06 CET 2011

That's a strange response.

1$ host www.xymon.com
www.xymon.com has address 90.184.111.80
www.xymon.com has IPv6 address 2001:16d8:dda8:0:21c:c0ff:fec0:1875

2$ ping www.xymon.com
PING www.xymon.com (90.184.111.80): 56 data bytes
^C
--- www.xymon.com ping statistics ---
105 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

3$ ping 90.184.111.80
PING 90.184.111.80 (90.184.111.80): 56 data bytes
^C
--- 90.184.111.80 ping statistics ---
23 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Clearly, with the header showing the proper IP address, dns is working.

However, www.xymon.com doesn't respond to ping. That's probably by design.

What OS are you using that gives a bad response in ping?

Paul Root    - Engineer III
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink