[Xymon] Multiple bb-hosts on one server?

Janford Hof janford.hof at cats.usdoj.gov
Mon Nov 7 17:59:44 CET 2011

Hi, new to the community-have posted my question on the portal this morning.  But thought I'd see if anyone is able to run more than one bb-hosts file on a Linux server (so that there would be 3 Hobbits for one IP, somehow-I don't see how it could be done, though).  We can't go VM as our bandwidth woulnd't handle it.  Not sure if management wants separate instances (prod, OR, stage) showing on the Main Page, so I'm researching bb-alias, etc, but I don't understand exactly if it can be done or not.  I would supppose that the /etc file would also have to somehow aliased?

Any help or a definitive answer, like yes, it can be done or no, it is impractical, would be appreciated.

Thanks...