[Xymon] minor bug report

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 7 17:51:29 CET 2011

On 07-11-2011 17:06, Brand, Thomas R. wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to fix it in one location; however, the
> script that generates the data [hobbitclient-linux.sh] runs on the
> client so it has to be fixed there.
[...]
> NB: I had to make this change on 7300 clients . . . )

You should have asked here first - I hope you had some way of doing it
automatically.

Yes, the data is generated by the client script. But that doesn't mean
the Xymon server cannot be changed to parse the client-side output
correctly. So it is indeed possible to fix it on the Xymon server - it
already accomodates the amazingly varied forms of reporting "uptime"
that various Unix'es use.