[Xymon] Android 2.2 App

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Nov 2 22:32:42 CET 2011

Hi Darrik,

this is very nice - I was hoping someone would come up with an Android
app for Xymon.

I cannot get the swipe to work on my Sony-Ericsson Xperia Mini, though.
It just doesn't do anything.

One thing I'd really like to see was if it could use the "critical
systems" instead of the "all non-green" page for data. I understand that
parsing data off the webpage is problematic, and I am sure we can find
better ways of feeding this data to an application. And perhaps that
would be the easiest way to make your app work with different datasets -
agreeing on a standard (probably XML) way of exporting the data, and
then having the Xymon server generate this with the data that would
either go on the non-green page, or the critical systems page, or
perhaps just data on any given page in the web UI (I have some folks who
would love to check just their little corner of Xymon via a Smartphone app).

Of course, being able to acknowledge an alert and/or disable it directly
from my smartphone would also be fabulous ...

(wow, it feels nice to be the one asking for features - I am usually on
the receiving end of feature-requests :-))