[Xymon] Configuring Devmon for the first time

kconnell at ryerson.ca kconnell at ryerson.ca
Tue May 31 03:24:05 CEST 2011

I've had issues with devmon not updating the bb-display and everything going purple.
I've had this issue since day one (which is over two years now).

I created a "devmon watchdog" script that's runs every 5 min using lynx (txt base html browser) which checks if the status of devmon (shows as dm test) on bb-monitor. If its purple then I kill the devmon process and start it up again....band-aid solution, but it does the trick.

I no script expert, but can share the bash script if you want/need.

Ken Connell
Intermediate Network Engineer
Computer & Communication Services
Ryerson University