[Xymon] html_mail.pl help

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Wed May 25 03:51:11 CEST 2011

Joe,
> I got your name from the html_mail.pl script.  I recently updated to
> xymon 4.3.2 and tried to go live in production.
>
> On all alerts it seems to send out alerts to this one email address.
> it seems to send out to all that are intended to receive the emails
> but the one email has only two hosts that it monitors and gets alerts
> from.  now it gets emails on the entire environment.

I can't follow what the problem is.

The script gets called from the alerts.cfg file via the SCRIPT keyword.
The hosts it applies to will be determined by the alerts.cfg file rules.
The recipient for e-mails is specified by the RCPT environment variable
when the script is called.

Without the old and new config to compare, I can't help any further.
> I see a lot of references to BB, has this script been updated?

The environment variable names have not changed that I know of, but I
haven't used it with 4.3.x myself yet.
> # Version       Author          Details
> # -------       ------          -------
> # 1.0           Martin Ward     Initial version. See code for details.
> # 1.1           David Baldwin   Clean up, remove hard-coded paths.
> # 1.2           David Baldwin   format message as alternative parts
> for plaintext and HTML views
>
> thanks for your help
I've CCed to the xymon list which is a better place to get general help.

David.

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.