[Xymon] Hobbitd crashing

Elizabeth Schwartz betsy.schwartz at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:56:06 CEST 2011

Thank you! I've fixed the offending test. Not knowing how to make it
stop being blue/purple was the biggest  problem, which you've also
answered

>>  pcre compile 'your-pattern-here' failed (offset N): <error message>
No errors with pcre anywhere in the log directory (possibly because it
crashed first)
Don't have a xymond_client log, do have a hobbitclient.log but it's empty.

Ideally what I want to do is this:
     Ignore *any* errors from lpr
     go yellow on any level of error from puppet or gmond
     go yellow on any other  "warning" message
     go red on any other "error" message

I think I need to use "greedier" regexp's for the match that include
white space - am I understanding correctly that if I match on %ERROR
then only the string "error" gets passed to the IGNORE statement?

thanks Betsy
PS I would enjoy seeing other people's LOG tests if anyone has good ones