[Xymon] Issues/confusion with 4.3.3

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Wed May 18 01:45:54 CEST 2011

It is odd. The other services you mention working, these are on the same
host as the clamd? If not, try one just to see that something works.

When you say you can telnet to the clamd port, is that from the xymon
server as the xymon (or whichever) user? Have you tried a simple
connection - no send/expect?

>>> On 5/17/2011 at 11:35 PM, in message
<1305639320.4811.5.camel at GNSD830-01>,
"James B. Huber" <jbhuber at judahnet.net> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>   Have been using BigBrother, then Hobbit, now Xymon for many years.
> recently built a new machine and did a clean install/build of xymon
> 4.3.3 and am having some issues/confusion I hope the list can help
me
> with.
>
>   My first major issue is with the "clamd" service check, this
worked
> fine under Fedora-13 and Xymon-4.2.3, however (new O/S is RHEL 6.0
> Workstation) with Xymon 4.3.3 all it does is fail saying:
> "Service unavailable (Connection refused)"....
>
> I can telnet to port 3310, type "PING" and it comes back with "PONG"
> which is what the protocols.cfg says...I have tried turning off
> "banner", no help....I am doubtless missing something simple...
>
> FYI, all the other service check I use work fine (IE: DNS, IMAP,
NTP,