[Xymon] bb-iostat.sh?

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:37:15 CEST 2011

Then either make the sample time longer, or increase the sample frequency.
The former will generate more "average" data.
The latter will require some serious modding to your Xymon environment
and rrd setup.

It's really there only to give an indication of status, for which a
short sample will do.
A 10 second spike, is not really a problem. Three consecutive spikes
would seem to indicate that there is a sustained peak.
Possibly a worry? I don't know - depends on your environment.
Something you might expect at backup time perhaps?

Like all sample tests, it's a sample, which we use to create a model of reality.
What is there has been "good enough" for my needs, and has allowed me
to do some very important diagnostics and tuning.
Feel free to adjust your sample set to suit your needs.
Disclaimer - YMMV :-)

Regards
     Vernon