[Xymon] disk space

Nordquist, Daniel Daniel.Nordquist at orlandohealth.com
Fri May 13 18:31:55 CEST 2011

Not sure how to do that off the top of my head, but you can do some cleanup on files that tend to hog space.

/xymon/log/rrd-status tends to be huge and you can delete it (make sure you have a backup first) without affecting your trend data and it will create a new log file automagically.

/xymon/log/hobbitd is also typically a big log file that can be deleted.

You can also find who the biggest histlogs hogs are by entering this command in your /xymon/data/histlogs directory:
sudo du -s * | sort -n
It will probably take a while to do the search/sort, but then you can see which servers are the biggest hogs.

This is a bit dangerous but you can also delete directory contents with a modified version of this script (I used this to kill the msgs in folders that had huge amounts of msgs files):
find . -iname msgs -type d -execdir ls {} \;
find . -iname msgs -type d -execdir pwd {} \;
find . -iname msgs -type d -execdir rm -rf {} \;

Hope that helps.
Dan