[Xymon] external script : zfs

cED work at infomaniak.ch
Tue May 10 12:07:37 CEST 2011

Hello Vernon,

> Measuring the size can be done, even if we need to manually tally up subzfs.
I do know that this can be done manually, but it is true also that it
takes a lot of time and that it is quite difficult to do it manually.

Furthermore, what I'd like to see when looking at my graphics is to see
which zfs did jump is consumption lately. So in that case, we should not
use the standard output of zfs list. But treat this output to extract
what is the real consumption of the zfs itself (I mean without counting
the subzfs).

This is what has be done on my xymon-scripts.

Notice also that the zfs commands do, now, includes new usefull option
to do this:
zfs list -t filesystem -o space

> However, how do we graph the size? It might not make sense. As an
> example, I have a 3Tb rpool, and a 100mb rpool on the same server.
> (Data and transaction logs.)
> On the same graph, any detail for the 100mb rpool will be lost.
mmh, that's why I use percent of use of the zfs related to the pool.

> Also, xymon is limited to one graph per page, so to graph the zfs size
> as you want it, I will lose the rpool size graph as I currently have
> it. Which is why I think a new test script is required.
I do not really understand what is a page in your comment. But check
this screenshots from the git web portal.
https://github.com/briner/zfs-4-xymon/blob/master/doc/zfs-4-xymon.png

> Regards
>     Vernon

cED