[Xymon] Help with installing xymon

Moore, Charles CMoore at corp.earthlink.com
Tue Mar 22 01:02:50 CET 2011

From: chazaswell at users.sourceforge.net

I have installed xymon 4.3.0 on a Solaris 10 server, let's call it kaylee.
It was compiled with gnuc using apache-1.3.33 with php4 support.  Everything
compiled correctly as far as I can tell, at least no major errors.
Everything installed correctly into /home/xymon.  I've taken a standard
apache httpd.conf and added the extra statements mentioned in the
xymon-apache.conf.  A restart of apache shows no problems with the config.
However, when I enter the url http://kaylee/xymon the error_log says:
[Mon Mar 21 16:34:05 2011] [error] [client 192.168.69.28] File does not
exist: /opt/apache/htdocs/xymon

I placed a phpinfo.php into the /home/xymon/server/www directory and used
url http://kaylee/xymon/phpinfo.php successfully.  So, I am at a loss of
where to look at next.

The attachment is a copy of the httpd.conf I am testing with.

I would appreciate any help given.

Charlie Moore
Senior Systems Engineer
EarthLink Business