[Xymon] New spec file (beta test request) (was RE: Xymon 4.3.0 - Build RPMs)

Cleaver, Japheth jcleaver at soe.sony.com
Fri Mar 18 19:31:05 CET 2011

Along those lines... :)

I've got an updated 4.3.0 .spec (with patches) for an RPM I've been using for a while now. Since this is the first post-rename release, I'd appreciate if others could take a look at it, rebuild, poke and prod, etc... It was based originally off the released spec file a while back, but has a lot of changes. In addition to heavy FHS mods, it has replacement init scripts that bypass xymon.sh/runclient.sh.

I've built it internally on from RH 7, 8, and 9, and CentOS 3, 4, and 5 (i386 and x86_64), but there may be other places it doesn't build -- if so, let me know. (If anyone can test on RHEL6 and a recent Fedora I'd appreciate it.)

I've done basic sanity checks on the resulting systems, but haven't run them through really intensive testing. If anyone notices any problems that result from the pathname mods, let me know too.

(Upgrade note: There are too many issues on the server  side to safely upgrade from 4.2.0 by package IMHO, but the client-side should include a variable rename in /etc/sysconfig/xymon-client in a %post scriptlet.)

-jc

spec: http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon.spec
SRPM: http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon-4.3.0-0.956.src.rpm

CentOS5-i386 RPMS:
  http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon-4.3.0-0.956.i386.rpm
  http://terabithia.org/rpms/xymon-client-4.3.0-0.956.i386.rpm

Note: The SRPM builds two superfluous binary packages as well -- you can ignore those unless you need them.