[Xymon] AIX memory checks

Carl Melgaard Carl.Melgaard at STAB.RM.DK
Wed Jun 29 09:47:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

As far as I recall, Henrik fixed this in the newer versions - 4.3-branch - something with a sanity-check in the code, so that we shouldnt get these bogus alerts. Problem is (as I remember) that its actually the system that sends these values back to the agent - so it's not related to Xymon.

/melgaard

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: xymon-bounces at xymon.com [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] På vegne af Rob McBroom
Sendt: 28. juni 2011 15:30
Til: xymon at xymon.com
Emne: [Xymon] AIX memory checks

We're seeing garbage data on some of our AIX (7.1) clients like this:

red Thu Jun 23 15:29:28 EDT 2011 - Memory CRITICAL
  Memory              Used       Total  Percentage
&red Physical    18446744073709551177M       4096M18446744073709551606%
&green Swap                 40M       4096M          0%

The ones that exhibit problems have Active Memory Expansion enabled. Is there anything we can do to get valid data? Should I report it as a bug?

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>