[Xymon] Using the internal temperature status and graph

Jason Kincl jkincl1 at lsu.edu
Thu Jun 23 17:21:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

So I wanted to graph a temperature monitor that is hooked up to a machine and I have the script sending the status as temperature so that I can take advantage of the graph definition that is shipped with xymon. We are using Xymon 4.3.0.

I found in the source code how to format the status so that the xymon RRD library for temperature can read it and it is graphing but I am finding that the graph is missing quite a few values, it seems random and there are large holes in my graph where data did not get received. I am logging and the machine is sending the data and all of the other graphs for the machine are solid and contain all data points.

Is this a documented bug? Am I doing something wrong? This seems to be an intermittent issue so I am not sure what is causing the problem.

Thanks,