[Xymon] Showing alerts for rules with GROUP tag on the info page

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:26:40 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Lee, Raymond <Raymond.Lee at qwest.com> wrote:
> One of the features that I like about Xymon is being able to click on the "info" column for a host to see all the logistics of who gets alerted for which tests.  However, if you've got rules tagged with something like this in analysis.cfg:
>
>          HOST=jdoeserver
>               DISK /usr 85 90 GROUP=pagejdoe
>

> and then add an entry to alerts.cfg that looks something like this:
>
>          GROUP=pagejdoe COLOR=red
>               MAIL jdoe at company.com
>

> then the info page doesn't show the alerting that goes to jdoe at company.com (even though the mail does go out).  So the functionality of GROUP tagging works fine, but the presentation of it on the info page is lacking.  Is there a patch or workaround to achieve what I'm asking for?

yep, this would be really useful.

right now we have to do the test from cli to find out if my tag is working

(xymon)@xymon-01:~/server$ ./bin/xymoncmd xymond_alert --tests
myclient.example.net ports --group=mygrouptag

would be really nice if the info column shows who is getting alerts
for group tags.

> Thanks,
> Ray
>

> This communication is the property of Qwest and may contain confidential or
> privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly
> prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication
> in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
> all copies of the communication and any attachments.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?