[Xymon] Looking for "page too old" script

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Fri Jul 29 22:31:42 CEST 2011

> Do I put this under [linux]?  If I do this, will it only have the clients with an appropriate FILE check or ask this file of every linux box?

Just took another look at a working config....here's a couple notes.
You don't need the whole [linux] class, you can use a [hostname] in client-local.cfg
[your-hostname]
file:/var/www/foo/bar/output.png

The stanza above with a matching FILE directive from hobbit-clients.cfg (both server side) works for me, on 4.2.0.

If you have this setup - sounds like you do - and it's not working you can Try touching the logfetch.$foo.cfg and logfetch.$foo.status files in the tmp dir on the client (create them however you need, just make sure to chown them to your hobbit user).

You should not need to populate the files, just create them. Example file...
cat someclienthostname:~hobbit/client/tmp/logfetch.someclienthostname.cfg
log:/some/path/to/somefile:10240
file:/bin/su

Tim