[Xymon] Fw: bbwin test results not showing up in xymon

Richard Finegold goldfndr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:53:46 CEST 2011

 Such is possible with the bbwincmd.exe included. First, create the
file somewhere with the first line having a format with FQDN periods
replaced by commas:
status server50,mydomain,com.pmsgs green Wed 20 9:45:22 2011
[server50.mydomain.com] No current messages.

 Some of the <text> may be later exploited by supplemental reports or
custom notification scripts, and text below the first line may be
parsed for RRDs, but generally it's freeform, although the convention
is to put the date and server name and a microsummary in the first
line. Personally, I don't know why you'd use a <br> before a short
microsummary, or <center> tags when the text is already centered on
the web page, and the tag doesn't seem handy in a message subject, but
perhaps there's a use case that I haven't envisioned or has slipped my
mind. I will admit to using <br> tags _within_ a long microsummary
that lended itself to more lines, e.g. my
http://communities.quest.com/docs/DOC-5579 script: "OK <BR> Good as of
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:16:32 AM (booted)<BR> Last abend Wednesday,
February 10, 2010   6:28:01pm (201 days earlier)"
 More details via "man bb", look for "status".

 After that file is created (e.g. "server50.pmsgs"), use bbwincmd
uploadmessage. Confirm it supports "uploadmessage" by running it at
the command line (the documentation at runtime may be more current
than the .chm, 0.12 supports it).
 bbwincmd.exe xymonserve.mydomain.com:1984 uploadmessage path\to\server50.pmsgs