[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.3 svcstatus

Scott, Brian brian.scott4 at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Jul 26 08:35:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

I was just setting up xymon 4.3.3 on a 64 bit FreeBSD system. Everything
went as expected until I drilled down on a test (svcstatus.sh) and
reliably got a server error.

To cut a long story short, the programs svcstatus.c, history.c and
reportlog.c (in web/ directory) have each had protective 'basename'
calls put around file names received as web parameters. The basename
function requires a function prototype because it returned 'char *'
rather than int. Casting an int to a pointer works in the 32bit world
but not when a pointer is 64 bits.

On FreeBSD at least, the appropriate declaration is in libgen.h. From a
quick look around it appears to be the same on a few other systems.

My solution is to add a

#include <libgen.h>

To each of the files listed above.

I don't know if this is something that would work everywhere or if it is
a job for configure to work out.

Hope this helps someone,

Brian