[Xymon] Network Traffic Graph - Fedora 15

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 14 04:07:05 CEST 2011

Well, probably not "soon".  RHEL lags Fedora by at least a couple of
years, generally.  F15 "broke" a lot of other things with the moves to
systemctl, Gnome3, etc, btw.  Also, btw, there's been a huge amount of
controversy and bikeshedding over the pro/con of ethx names, which have
been somewhat arbitrarily assigned for some time.

On Wed, July 13, 2011 13:35, Sam L wrote:

> Also, if this changed in Fedora now, then it means it is probably coming
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux soon.  And I assume this issue would hit
more people then.

> From: s0a4m at hotmail.com
> To: xymon at xymon.com
> Subject: RE: [Xymon] Network Traffic Graph - Fedora 15
> Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:29:21 -0400
>

> Yes, I am aware Fedora changed the naming convention.  My question is:
How can I get the xymon network traffic graph (in trends) to work again?
 The only network traffic graph I have still only has eth0 in it (from
old data before the Fedora upgrade.)  I could probably force the name
back to eth0 in the OS, but that seems like a cheesy workaround, since
this is how the naming is going to be going forward.  How can I get
xymon to become aware that my NIC is called p33p1?