[Xymon] client problems

Scot Kreienkamp SKreien at la-z-boy.com
Thu Jul 7 17:39:00 CEST 2011

Got to understand the formats myself first.  :)  Although I think it's
more a question of formatting of my data versus the actual data format,
IE sections.

I'm trying to make a simple client of my own with AutoIt due to some
frustrations with supporting Windows 2008 clients with Xymon.  I'm
trying to match the format of the win32 based clients... that's where my
frustration is coming in.  I've matched the format down to the last
carriage return by doing dumps on the data reporting in from other win32
based clients and comparing them to my own, but it's not being read the
same by the collector module on the server for reasons that I cannot
understand.  If I send it in as a client status report everything works
perfectly with no modifications to the report data itself.

I tried the PS client and the BBWin client.  The PS client is too heavy
and in its current revision is unreliable in my environment.  We were
conversing on the list and David Baldwin was going to work on it, but
even if it's fixed so it's reliable it would still be too heavy for my
environment.  In the instances where I've loaded it the users have seen
too much impact.  The BBWin client doesn't report networking data
correctly on Win2008 and has been abandoned for years.  That means I
have no way to monitor Windows 2008, and I have more coming online
daily.

Scot Kreienkamp