[Xymon] Devmon oid with dynamic hosts

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Jul 7 17:00:36 CEST 2011

This may be more on-topic for the devmon-support or devmon-discuss lists:

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=160720

On Wednesday, 6 July 2011 17:49:14 kconnell at ryerson.ca wrote:
> Trying to poll/graph CPU stats for some L2 workgroup switches. it works
> fine, except its possible for the stack to be 1 unit or up to a max of 8
> units. If I set 8 diff oids to poll for each unit it will work fine with a
> 8 unit stack, but if the stack is lower in count, then I get the "clear
> icon" for the units that don't exist.....
>
> I understand, yea that's correct, some of the polls are done on units that
> don't exist, but that's fine, cause they don't.
>
> Can I have it poll for all 8 units, but show only for those that answer ?
> Or maybe don't show clear for those polls ?

It would be easier to discuss this if the template details were available.
And, at some point, I'm going to only discuss templates that have been
contributed (e.g. either already exist in svn, or are attached to a 'Patch'
request on the tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=816979&group_id=160720&func=browse)

Regards,
Buchan