[Xymon] GROUPs and recovery alerts

Heather Keen keenha at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:58:16 CEST 2011

Aye, there is nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, I think this is a BUG.

Xymon Version 4.3.3.
Configuration as follows:

analysis.cfg:
HOST=myhost.mydomain.com GROUP=heather
        PROC TESTtestTEST 1

(equally, you could have the GROUP entry on the PROC line, doesn't matter in
this instance as the result is the same)

alerts.cfg:
HOST=*
        MAIL heather1 at mydomain.com RECOVERED

GROUP=heather
        MAIL heather2 at mydomain.com RECOVERED

When the alert is generated, both e-mail addresses get the notification.
 But when the alert is cleared, only heather1 at mydomain.com gets the recovery
message.

I've tried lots of different configuration options, and the only conclusion
I can come to is that recovery messages to GROUPs do not work.  :(