[xymon] Problem with DISK IGNORE

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 27 15:36:28 CET 2011

In <AANLkTimHxbxe72VRzHvbsMLZxuNdTvXp2jd1GefuOji5 at mail.gmail.com> Geoff Hallford <geoff.hallford at gmail.com> writes:

>I have a couple of mounts under /mnt and I want to exclude them all
>but even stating just one exact mount doesn't work. Here are the many
>I have tried (each time restarting the hobbit server daemon and the
>hobbitclient daemon):

>DISK /mnt/citrix IGNORE
>DISK %^/mnt/citrix IGNORE
>DISK %^/mnt/citrix$ IGNORE

Any of these should do the trick.

>Here are the mount points I have that I want to ignore:

>//server1/c$       20481580  18329680   2151900      90% /mnt/citrix

Silly question perhaps, but this IS a Xymon client running in
central mode (the default) ?

On the "disk" status you'll find a "client data" link. What does
the "[df]" section in that document look like ?
(If there is no "client data" link, then this host has the
configuration stored locally - so changing the configuration on
the Xymon server will not have any effect).